One more awesome day of my life “FIREFOX OS APPDAYS @SNIST”
Below are the numbers that may boggle you down.
- 45 DAYS of Planning,
- 30 DAYS of Waiting,
- 15 DAYS of Work,
- 04 DAYS of Implementing,
- 2 DAYS of complete Excitement,
- 24 HOURS of coding,
- 4 HOURS of tweeting,
- 1 HOUR of demos,
- And Yeah finally we are done !!!
- 300+ attendees,
- 24 apps developed,
- 16+ apps directly submitted into the marketplace,
- 40 people willing to contribute for mozilla,
- 20+ Handicrafts exhibited,
Few facts were surprising too about this #FirefoxOSAppdays
- 1st Firefox OS App Days for 24 hrs by an FSA in coordination with Mozilla Rep
- 1st Firefox OS App Days in Hyderabad for 24 hrs
- 1st 24hrs event in the 16 years history of Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology
- 1st Firefox OS AppDays of the year 2014 in INDIA
- 1st Biggest event of Mozilla Club Hyderabad
This event has ended with lot of learning and experiences to share.
- 10:00 – 10:45 AM – Inauguration by Innovate & Creative Club
- 10:45 – 11:15 AM – Mozilla & its Projects Intro By Srikar
- 11:15 – 11:30 AM – Break
- 11:30 – 12:30 PM – Introduction to HTML5 by Raghuram
- 12:30 – 13:30 PM – Lunch Break
- 13:30 – 14:30 PM – Introduction to Firefox OS by Jay
- 14:30 – 15:30 PM – Apps Marketplace & Demos of Firefox OS by Santhosh
- 15:30 – 15:45 PM – Tea Break
- 00:00 – 02:00 AM – TED Talks
- 02:00 – 02:45 AM – Find relation between Pictures by Sandeep
- 04:00 – 04:30 AM – Mozilla Videos
- 04:30 – 05:00 AM – New Inventions videos like Phone Blocks, Coin, Tile etc.
- 07:00 – 08:00 AM – Breakfast
- 08:00 – 09:00 AM – Demo’s Registration
- 10:00 – 11:00 AM – Demos of Apps
- 11:00 – 11:15 AM – Final Winners selection process
- 11:15 – 11:30 AM – Announcement and Winners
- 11:30 – 12:00 PM – Group Photo
- 12:00 – 13:00 PM – Vote of thanks & Time to take rest 😀
It was already Morning!! Finally reached the venue before an hour and checking the things for the event.
The seminar hall was already ready with decoration by the IC2
Team. The registration desk was set up and in a moment of time before Inauguration the entire hall was filled up.
It was a Dream and it came true for me , santhosh ,raghu ram for having such a Big-bang at the App Days.
Obviously you feel awesome when lot of participants came from different places in which we expected people to come from local city. People from nearby Warangal and Karimnagar but people from far off places like Guntur, Nellore, Srikakulam, Vishakhapatnam travelled for about 400+ kms and joined us at Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology for the Firefox OS AppDays. 300+ attendees finally.
Vineel Reddy Pindi, Community Liaison joined with us for the Inauguration. It was a super fabulous feeling to have him for the App days. The Inauguration took off in a Traditional way with welcome song and lightening the Dhiya.
Sessions started and running as per schedule 😉
FSA Meet up @ Lunch Time:-
There was introduction by FSA’s & also others so that we all know each other. Meet up was held for an hour.
There were about 10+ FSA’s and Vineel and few Reps for the meet.
Outcome of the meet up:
- FSA’s had few questions and they are answered by Vineel.
- Planning of events in Hyderabad in coordinating with FSA’s.
- Questions about swag/organizing events in their colleges/ cities.
- Feedback from FSA’s in order to improve program
I had best dinner during the App days. Even though the food was not much tasty but having dinner with 20 people around a single table and enjoying the time made it awesome. I would never forget the fun time I had with them.
Midnight – Hacking – Fun Time:
Loads of new people to interact with, Time to share your Mozilla story as well 😀
TED Talks – One the wonderful time I say !! Seeing TED Talks in auditorium and large screen with good volume might have some impact which then make you really feel the essence in the talks 😀
We showed the talks regarding the entrepreneurs, achievements by Teen age kids and lot more!
Puzzle Games – We show you few pictures and you find the relation between those pictures, which made participants more interactive etc.
New Inventions – Showed the participants what technology can do like Coin, Tile, Phone Blocks and more!!
The hall was illuminated with claps after every video. It was a great experience at night.
Registration of Apps developed -> App Demos -> Announcement of Winners (Tough time for participants)
I was totally amazed by the demos from the developers !!
There were apps related Social Importance, Science, Quizzes, Games, Utilities and many more
Hats off to all the Developers who made those apps.
1st winner, 2nd winner ,3rd winner were given with mementos, swag.
Best tweets winner was given swag.
And Hearty Congrats to all the winners 🙂
Followed by Group Photo:
+Vineel Reddy Pindi :
We all know that he is kinda busy with his packed schedule, He accepted our request to be guest for this event which means a lot to us and added lot of value by sharing his valuable experiences and It made us feel great with his auspicious presence. Thanks a lot for spending your valuable time.
+Santosh Viswanatham :
For actively participating in activities of Mozilla and active FSA. Execution of the event in fashion manner and coordinating throughout the event.
+Raghu ram :
For guiding students in developing apps and also for designing ID Cards and Event Badge which is super awesome !! Hats off to his innovative idea !!
+Vivek Balijepalli & Innovate & Creative Club Team :
I would your team, It would not be this awesome. Kudos to team once again. These are the team who worked a lot to made handicrafts and super coordination. Thanks once again.
Firefox Club @SNIST: Thanks a lot for staying with us and help us to coordinate all the things.
I got many super cool pictures but sorry, could only accommodate a few here 😛
Few tips we followed are:
- Use eventbrite app for android/iphone in order to checkin the registered participants.
- TED Videos /Inspirational talks were shown to participants tonight so it has impact on attendees.
- Participants were given “Open badge” but not certificates.
|–Open Badge Design–
- Request for Swag few weeks before (Of course we got it on time- a day before the event 😀 )
- Obviously lot of pictures I say !!
- 16+ Apps into Market place
- 10+ new FSA’s
- 30+ new contributors
- Promoting Open Source
Blog posts from others: