https://www.comodo.com/home/email-security/free-email-certificate.php ( Use Firefox Browser Only)
- Fill the details as required.
You will receive email with instructions as below
- Open the link https://secure.comodo.com/products/!SecureEmailCertificate_Collec2 and enter password as per instructions in email
- Firefox browser downloads and install certificate and stores in the browser.
- Export this certificate to your Desktop (place that is feasible for you) by navigating to Preferences Click Alt + T + O (OR) Type “about:preferences” in address bar.
Navigate to Advance -> Certificates -> View Certificates -> select COMODO CA Limited (Appropriate one) -> Backup -> Enter password (which you need in step 8) -> Give file name (say gmail-digital.p12) ->Save
- Double click the exported file -> Current User/Local Machine -> Next ->Next -> Enter Password. -> Certificate will be imported to local user storage. Open Run (Ctrl +R) ->certmgr.msc ->Personal -> Certificates -> You will find a certificate with the email (Eg: email@example.com ) -> Right click -> Properties ->Give a Friendly name (so that it can be used while configuring certificate in outlook)
- Follow the steps for outlook 2016 in https://kb.wisc.edu/office365/page.php?id=52004
- Now you will be able to send Digital signed emails from your outlook 🙂 You have a badge like this
Let me know your inputs/ comments. Congrats for learning how to send email using Digital signatures 😀